Message from the President May 2013
Take the guess work out of selecting and come to the Vertical Selection Workshop on June 8th. all info here
May 2013- The Independent Voice
CBB Forum- Messages daily- Check it out
Kona-area Restaurants That Serve 100% Kona Coffee
May 2013- Found on Bruner Road, South Kona- Little Fire Ants (LFA)-Learn the dire implications of their discovery in mauka Kona coffee lands information here
end of April 2013 - Updated IPM for CBB from Suzanne Shriner
March 18, 2013 - Updated IPM for CBB from Suzanne Shriner and CTAHR
January 28, 2013 Updated Integrated Pest Management for the Coffee Berry Borer
December 2012 from CTAHR: December Newsletter on CBB Management for 2013
Released December 2012 University of Hawaii: Comparison Survey of Coffee Berry Borer
Coffee Berry Borer Workshop given by Dr. Luis Aristizabal:
- Monitoring CBB and Making Decisions (2.8 MB file)
- August 24 Morning Presentation (3.2 MB file)
- Cultural Practices and Biological Control ( 6.4 MB file)
- Trap Effectiveness July 16, 2012
- Hollingsworth Study is available. Power Point Presentation with data
- Review of the Botanigard Compatibility list
- Notes from June 21 CBB “Talk Story” with additional notes
- Corrected Botanigard-ES Application Cost Chart
- CBB Video -www.youtube.com/KonaCoffeeFarmers
Feldman Study- Economic Effects of Blending Kona
The Kona Coffee Farmers Association has stated before and will state again: We remain TOTALLY opposed to any pesticide fumigation despite what you might read elsewhere. aloha, Cecelia B. Smith President, Kona Coffee Farmers Association
Buying Kona Parchment
Used Coffee Roaster Wanted- Green Coffee Wanted- Coffees For Sale/Coffee Equipment…
Stuff You May Not Know:
04.05.13 If you use USPS.com and are having trouble printing mailing labels and scan forms, you have to install CHROME and use it as your browser with USPS.com. It’s free and works perfectly.
Support 100% Kona Coffee and the Kona Coffee Farmers Association .
New members are welcome.
Email any information about Cherry, Parchment, Roasted or Retail Prices to email@example.com We will publish it anonymously in the Member-Only section. The KCFA believes it ” levels the playing field” if everyone has access to the same information.
Do you have the County’s Agricultural Exemption for your farm? Call the Co. of Hawaii Department of Finance Real Property Tax Division (Kona # 323-4880/323-4881) for more information.
- Cable tie Grain Pro bags and high quality Burlap Bags available in the KCFA Store Log In for Member Prices. Grain Pro Bag Information
- Discounted FedEx rates available for all KCFA members
- Free Classified and Resource Ads. Want to buy something, sell something or offer a service? We have space for you! Send your request to info@KonaCoffeeFarmers.org and we’ll post it asap.
Trouble remembering your KCFA Member Log In- “UserName”or “Password”-? Zap an email here& we’ll get you on your way.