Message from the President – April 2014
2014 CBB TIPS-here Coffee Berry Borer Integrated Pest Management help and what you need to do now!
- Compatibility Chart: here
The Independent Voice for April 2014 is here
Coffee Talk-Workshop, Legislative Updates, Grant, Farmer Hint, and Coffee recipe
Celestial Soiree- a Social Event- 75 tickets ONLY a social event for KCFA Members-click here to get your tickets
Feldman Study- Economic Effects of Blending Kona
Think it is only Kona? See the excellent NYT cartoon here
- SAFEWAY SETTLES KONA COFFEE BLEND MISLABELING LAWSUIT
- KCFA’s Resolution acknowledging Trader Joe’s use of 100% Kona
OBSERVATION: 03/18/2014 It appears that the BTB is in its larval stage this week. Actively. You may want to clip off affected laterals- not knowing if that would reduce the population or not.
- El Nino Weather Condition (December 2014-February 2015) worth knowing here
- All Farmer Workshops are listed on our Calendar here
All FARMER UPDATES may be FOUND Here Archived from early 2014 and before - Farmer Updates, Beetle photos, Cautionary Statements, CBB video and more
BE IT RESOLVED THAT: The Kona Coffee Farmers Association will seek to find common ground with other groups by being collaborative and cooperative where possible while remaining fully committed to KCFA’s mission to: 1) promote and protect Kona coffee farmers’ economic interests in 100% Kona coffee; 2) to protect the Kona coffee heritage; and 3) to seek greater legal protection of the Kona coffee name. Adopted by the Kona Coffee Farmers Association’s Board of Directors, the 18th day of June 2013
Current Classifieds/Resources: NEW! Chipper For Sale! Diana Duff Seeks a Rental! Pickers Wanted in July! Small Storage Wanted!, Wanted 100#s Certified Peaberry! For Sale-Black Plastic Bags to protect young trees! Mr. Spray will SPRAY your farm- Used Coffee Roaster Wanted- Green Coffee Wanted-
Public Hearing held 10/10/13 for Changes to the Coffee Standards 10/12/13 Newspaper report here
Chefs Choice 5 Star Award Winners- December 2013 photo Gallery here
8th Annual Membership Meeting Elections see Officers here
- Hawaii Agricultural Mediation Program here: www.hiamp.org If you are feeling stuck, give it a try. You will be dealing with people with experience and skill.
- From HDOA- Cherry Farmers: Owed Back Payments? see here:
01.25.14 Consumer Fraud Protection and Meeting with US REP. Gabbard Press Releases here
- Press Release of July 19, 2013 – KCFA Board Member Recognized for Efforts
- Senator Hirono, USDA Announce First Major Federal Initiative to Fight CBB
- Photos from Pre-harvest Barbeque
- PHOTO: Axis Deer vs. Mouflon Sheep
Stuff You May Not Know:
- 10.01.13- If you have trouble downloading .pdf files from the KCFA site, use IE as your browser and NOT Chrome (go figure!)
- 04.05.13 If you use USPS.com and are having trouble printing mailing labels and scan forms, you have to install CHROME (go figure!) and use it as your browser with USPS.com. It’s free and works perfectly.
- 100% Kona Coffee and a Ferrari FF Meet Up
Support 100% Kona Coffee and the Kona Coffee Farmers Association . New members are welcome.
Email any information about Cherry, Parchment, Roasted or Retail Prices to firstname.lastname@example.org We will publish it anonymously in the Member-Only section. The KCFA believes it ” levels the playing field” if everyone has access to the same information.
Do you have the County’s Agricultural Exemption for your farm? Call the Co. of Hawaii Department of Finance Real Property Tax Division (Kona # 323-4880/323-4881) for more information.
- Timely Farmer Updates
- Monthly Newsletter called “one of the best for people who care about Hawaii’s Agriculture” The Independent Voice
- Cable tie Grain Pro bags and high quality Burlap Bags available in the KCFA Store Log In for Member Prices. Grain Pro Bag Information
- Discounted FedEx rates available for all KCFA members
- Free Classified and Resource Ads. Want to buy something, sell something or offer a service? We have space for you! Send your request to info@KonaCoffeeFarmers.org and we’ll post it asap.
Trouble remembering your KCFA Member Log In- “UserName”or “Password”-? Zap an email here& we’ll get you on your way.