The Independent Voice- December 2013
click above to read- just filled with news, opinions, ideas, a yummy recipe…
Feldman Study- Economic Effects of Blending Kona
Public Hearing held 10/10/13 for Changes to the Coffee Standards 10/12/13 Newspaper report here
- SAFEWAY SETTLES KONA COFFEE BLEND MISLABELING LAWSUIT
- KCFA’s Resolution acknowledging Trader Joe’s use of 100% Kona Coffee
2013 CBB Survey Results from UH here - Interesting
11/13 Important update for FARMERS: Foliar Fertilizers approved to mix with Fungus
All IMPORTANT FARMER UPDATES may be FOUND Here
Archived from July 2013 and before - Farmer Updates, IPMs, Beetle photos, Cautionary Statements, CBB video and more
BE IT RESOLVED THAT: The Kona Coffee Farmers Association will seek to find common ground with other groups by being collaborative and cooperative where possible while remaining fully committed to KCFA’s mission to: 1) promote and protect Kona coffee farmers’ economic interests in 100% Kona coffee; 2) to protect the Kona coffee heritage; and 3) to seek greater legal protection of the Kona coffee name. Adopted by the Kona Coffee Farmers Association’s Board of Directors, the 18th day of June 2013
Holiday Harbinger in South Kona- wild poinsettias in bloom
Current Classifieds/Resources: NEW! Wanted 100#s Certified Peaberry! For Sale-Black Plastic Bags to protect young trees! Mr. Spray will SPRAY your farm- Used Coffee Roaster Wanted- Green Coffee Wanted- Coffees For Sale/Coffee Equipment.
Hawaii Agricultural Mediation Program here: www.hiamp.org If you are feeling stuck, give it a try. You will be dealing with people with experience and skill.
From HDOA- Cherry Farmers: Owed Back Payments? see here:
- Press Release of July 19, 2013 – KCFA Board Member Recognized for Efforts
- Senator Hirono, USDA Announce First Major Federal Initiative to Fight CBB
- Photos from Pre-harvest Barbeque
- PHOTO: Axis Deer vs. Mouflon Sheep
Stuff You May Not Know:
- 10.01.13- If you have trouble downloading .pdf files from the KCFA site, use IE as your browser and NOT Chrome (go figure!)
- 04.05.13 If you use USPS.com and are having trouble printing mailing labels and scan forms, you have to install CHROME and use it as your browser with USPS.com. It’s free and works perfectly.
- 100% Kona Coffee and a Ferrari FF Meet Up
Support 100% Kona Coffee and the Kona Coffee Farmers Association . New members are welcome.
Email any information about Cherry, Parchment, Roasted or Retail Prices to email@example.com We will publish it anonymously in the Member-Only section. The KCFA believes it ” levels the playing field” if everyone has access to the same information.
Do you have the County’s Agricultural Exemption for your farm? Call the Co. of Hawaii Department of Finance Real Property Tax Division (Kona # 323-4880/323-4881) for more information.
- Timely Farmer Updates
- Monthly Newsletter called “one of the best for people who care about Hawaii’s Agriculture” The Independent Voice
- Cable tie Grain Pro bags and high quality Burlap Bags available in the KCFA Store Log In for Member Prices. Grain Pro Bag Information
- Discounted FedEx rates available for all KCFA members
- Free Classified and Resource Ads. Want to buy something, sell something or offer a service? We have space for you! Send your request to info@KonaCoffeeFarmers.org and we’ll post it asap.
Trouble remembering your KCFA Member Log In- “UserName”or “Password”-? Zap an email here& we’ll get you on your way.