Message from the President – JULY 2014
Because of Grant Logistical Issues, we are not allowing any new Issue of Vouchers now, although we anticipate we will have them available in the future. We are awaiting our first installment of funding from the HDOA. Please bear with us. We are sorry for any disappointment you might have-our program was just too popular. Mahalo. More info to come and updates will be made.
July 2014- The Independent Voice- <click to read
- 2014 CBB TIPS-here Coffee Berry Borer Integrated Pest Management help
- Compatibility Chart: here
please kokua- Latino Workforce Questionnaire REQUEST here
Feldman Study- Economic Effects of Blending Kona
Think it is only Kona? See the excellent NYT cartoon here
- SAFEWAY SETTLES KONA COFFEE BLEND MISLABELING LAWSUIT
- KCFA’s Resolution acknowledging Trader Joe’s use of 100% Kona
getting ripe out there
06/21/ 2014 Little Fire Ants Success Story! -from CTAHR: Congratulations to Coffee Farmer, Kim Johnson of Rabbit Hill Road!!! After over a year of treating for Little Fire Ant with the Hawaii Ant Lab mixture of Tango and other ingredients (http://www.littlefireants.com/LFA%20fact%20sheet%205.4.pdf), Kim has eradicated LFA from her farm property. After contacting the Hawaii Ant Lab, Kim and her worker were instructed on how to treat for LFA found in her coffee trees, farm and mill. With judicious monthly Tango applications and surveys, Kim’s farm is now free of LFA. Surveys will continue to be sure that LFA do not return. Well done Kim!
05/02/14: Re: Little Fire Ants- Tango is now available in pints for little fire ant, prior to this it was only in 2.5 gallon containers. The product can be used on and around Coffee, but make sure you get the 2EE and product from Farm & Garden and Al’s Home and Farm Supply. The use procedures can be accessed by the web www.littlefireants.com to know how to use the Tango.
- El Nino Weather Condition (December 2014-February 2015) more here
- All Farmer Workshops are listed on our Calendar here
All FARMER UPDATES may be FOUND Here Archived from early 2014 and before - Farmer Updates, Beetle photos, Cautionary Statements, CBB video and more
BE IT RESOLVED THAT: The Kona Coffee Farmers Association will seek to find common ground with other groups by being collaborative and cooperative where possible while remaining fully committed to KCFA’s mission to: 1) promote and protect Kona coffee farmers’ economic interests in 100% Kona coffee; 2) to protect the Kona coffee heritage; and 3) to seek greater legal protection of the Kona coffee name. Adopted by the Kona Coffee Farmers Association’s Board of Directors, the 18th day of June 2013
Current Classifieds/Resources: NEW! Picker Wanted! Chipper For Sale! Custom Roasting,etc.! Pickers Wanted in July! Wanted 100#s Certified Peaberry! For Sale-Black Plastic Bags to protect young trees! Mr. Spray will SPRAY your farm! Used Coffee Roaster Wanted! Green Coffee Wanted!
View All Classifieds here
Public Hearing held 10/10/13 for Changes to the Coffee Standards 10/12/13 Newspaper report here
Chefs Choice 5 Star Award Winners- December 2013 photo Gallery here
- Hawaii Agricultural Mediation Program here: www.hiamp.org If you are feeling stuck, give it a try. You will be dealing with people with experience and skill.
- From HDOA- Cherry Farmers: Owed Back Payments? see here:
- 01.25.14 Consumer Fraud Protection and Meeting with US REP. Gabbard Press Releases here
- Press Release of July 19, 2013 – KCFA Board Member Recognized for Efforts
- Senator Hirono, USDA Announce First Major Federal Initiative to Fight CBB
- Photos from Pre-harvest Barbeque
- PHOTO: Axis Deer vs. Mouflon SheepStuff You May Not Know:
- 10.01.13- If you have trouble downloading .pdf files from the KCFA site, use IE as your browser and NOT Chrome (go figure!)
- 04.05.13 If you use USPS.com and are having trouble printing mailing labels and scan forms, you have to install CHROME (go figure!) and use it as your browser with USPS.com. It’s free and works perfectly.
- 100% Kona Coffee and a Ferrari FF Meet Up
Email any information about Cherry, Parchment, Roasted or Retail Prices to firstname.lastname@example.org We will publish it anonymously in the Member-Only section. The KCFA believes it ” levels the playing field” if everyone has access to the same information.
Do you have the County’s Agricultural Exemption for your farm? Call the Co. of Hawaii Department of Finance Real Property Tax Division (Kona # 323-4880/323-4881) for more information.
Support 100% Kona Coffee and the Kona Coffee Farmers Association New members are welcome. Member Benefits include:
- Timely Farmer Updates
- Monthly Newsletter called “one of the best for people who care about Hawaii’s Agriculture” The Independent Voice
- Cable tie Grain Pro bags and high quality Burlap Bags available in the KCFA Store Log In for Member Prices. Grain Pro Bag Information
- Discounted FedEx rates available for all KCFA members
- Free Classified and Resource Ads. Want to buy something, sell something or offer a service? We have space for you! Send your request to info@KonaCoffeeFarmers.org and we’ll post it asap.
Trouble remembering your KCFA Member Log In- “UserName”or “Password”-? Zap an email here& we’ll get you on your way.