The Kona Coffee Farmers Association’s goals are to help all of our member farmers succeed in their farming business and enjoy participating in an organization that represents their interests.
As of 3/9/2014, we proudly have 318 members!
- 239 are Farmers
- 37 are Associates
- 42 are Supporting Businesses
We actively encourage 100% Kona Coffee Farmers to join our organization and enjoy the wealth of information we offer.
When we testify before the legislature: our membership numbers create our strength.
When we ask for CBB assistance from the Department of Ag or other government agencies: our membership numbers create our strength.
When we contract with wholesalers to buy direct the chemicals we need to fight the CBB: our participating members are our strength to lower the price.
When we share our farming experience: our individual members are our strength.
We will accept as voting members all Kona coffee farmers who subscribe to the purposes of the organization. We offer non-voting membership to those who support the promotion and protection of 100% Kona coffee.
Join today for an Annual Membership.
As of 12/01/13 all Member renewals are sent automatically, so be sure to read your KCFA emails and don’t miss out.
To join: Fill out Membership application here
To renew YOU must Login here: http://www.konacoffeefarmers.org/welcome-kcfa-member/ with your username and password
OR Renewing Members can
1) Send a Check to Membership, KCFA, P O Box 5436, Kailua Kona, HI 96745
2) Or call Mary Lou Moss at 329-4035 and renew with credit card, over the telephone.
The Kona Coffee Farmers Association was founded in 2006 to protect and promote 100% Kona coffee, and to support and provide an independent voice to the farmers who grow Kona coffee.
The Kona Coffee Farmers Association is a farmer-based organization whose primary purposes are to support fellow Kona coffee farmers and to promote 100% Kona coffee.
Member Inputs are Important
The Kona Coffee Farmers Association is a member driven organization which encourages member input at all times. Contact any of the Kona Coffee Farmers Board of Directors members and voice your concern. If decided by the Committee Chair, your concern will be brought up at the next Board of Directors Monthly Business Meeting.
(Board Member Duties and Responsibilities may be viewed here)
Only farmers are allowed voting privileges in KCFA elections. Proxy votes are not allowed. Only farmers can be elected to the KCFA Board of Directors.
Memberships need to be renewed annually. Automatic renewals will be sent via email on your “anniversary” date. You may join at anytime.
The KCFA sponsors and participates in many promotional events to promote 100% Kona Coffee. Some of these are the Kona Chocolate Festival, the Kona Brewers Festival, the Kona Coffee Cultural Festival etc.
We offer 3 regular membership opportunities and a Lifetime Membership
- Any coffee farmer who owns or leases land in South Kona or North Kona, and who receives the majority of his or her coffee-related income from the sale of coffee grown on that farm is eligible.
- Every voting member is invited to attend all meetings and events.
- Every voting member must be 18 or more years old.
- Only full voting members may be elected to serve on the Board of Directors.
- No proxy votes, you must be present to vote
Associate Membership: $20/year
- Any individual who supports 100% Kona coffee and the Goals and Objectives of the KCFA.
- An Associate member may be located in any region of the world, and is invited to participate in all meetings and events of the KCFA.
- Associate members may not vote or serve on the Board of Directors.
Supporting Business Membership: $30/year
- Any business or organization that supports 100% Kona coffee and the Goals and Objectives of KCFA
- A Supporting Business Member may be located in any region of the world, and is invited to participate in all general meeting and events of the KCFA.
- A Supporting Business Member may not vote or serve on the Board of Directors..
- Entitled to a Listing on the Supporting Business Page with a quick link to your business and a 50 character “tag line” to say something about yourself.
- Entitled to use the Supporting Business Membership Seal Guaranteeing 100% Kona
Lifetime Membership: $750
Voting, Associate, and Supporting Business Members may choose to pay a one-time fee for a Lifetime Membership.
The Benefits of being a Kona Coffee Farmers Association Member For All Members are:
- Receive monthly newsletter “The Independent Voice” with pertinent information, opinions, recipes and events
- All KCFA emails to keep up with the latest 100% Kona Coffee
- FedEx Discount
- Member only section w/Meeting Minutes, Best Practice workshop notes etc.
- Free Classifieds with up to 500 Characters- to SELL or to BUY
- Free Listing on BUY DIRECT FROM FARMER page to sell your Coffee Directly to the Public
- Use of 100% Kona Seals for Coffee bags
- By having the only Vote, Farmer members may become a Member of the Board of the Directors and help plan the direction of the Association
- Special KCFA Seal to use on their 100% Kona Coffee
- The satisfaction of supporting 100% Kona Coffee farmers
Supporting Business Members
- Business Member Seal
- Free Listing on Supporting Business Member page w/your logo which will also randomly float at the bottom of the KCFA’s Home Page
- Free table to promote your Business at the popular annual EXPO
Please note: All Member applications are subject to review by the Board of Directors.
Do Not Delay! Join Today! If you want to apply to become a member, fill out the membership form and send via the link at the bottom of the page. You’ll hear from us soon. Thanks.
We are all volunteers and we really appreciate your help:)