May 25, 2019
Home < About Kona Coffee < Farm Service Agency regarding Storm Damage

Farm Service Agency regarding Storm Damage

Here is a note from Diane Ley of the USDA Farm Service Agency Regarding Farm Damages as Well.“..

.I would ask that the producers contact their local FSA office ( early this week to provide a quick summary of the impacts so that the County Emergency Boards and the State Emergency Board can assess the general nature of the impacts and determine if there is appropriate levels of damages to warrant requesting a Secretarial Disaster Designation.

Farm Service Agency will be providing additional information in the coming days and weeks, but here is a quick overview of what may be available to qualifying producers.

Emergency Conservation Program (ECP) may be available to assist with repairing damage to the land and possibly fencing.

Tree Assistance Program (TAP) can assist qualifying orchardists and nursery tree growers with replanting and rehabilitating their orchards.

Farm Service Agency does provide low interest loans to qualifying producers that may assist with recovery, and those with existing FSA loans should visit early with their loan officer if they anticipate having problems making payments.

Of course those with Crop Insurance covered under Risk Management Agency should contact their insurance agent directly.

Again, please ask producers to contact their county office early this week.”

Diane L. Ley
State Executive Director
Hawaii and Pacific Basin
USDA Farm Service Agency