Gwen Hicks, Hawaii Depart. of Agriculture regarding CBB Subsidy Program-
I know many of you are waiting to apply for the HDOA CBB Pesticide Subsidy Program, but while the application is being developed, I want to share a few program details with you.
1) Buy Botanigard/Mycotrol before 6/30/2016 to qualify for the 75% reimbursement rate; for purchases after July 1, 2016 the reimbursement rate drops to 50%. See below for the details.
2) The reimbursement program runs annually for purchases of Beauveria bassiana products, Botanigard/Mycotrol, made in the immediate preceding state fiscal year (July 1-June 30). The program ends 6/30/2019 or when funds are depleted.
3) Applications will be accepted soon for 75% reimbursement on purchases made 7/1/2015 through 6/30/2016. If you participated with other programs such as SHAC or the KCFA program, the amount you paid out of pocket is still eligible for 75% reimbursement.
1) Annual, for the preceding State of Hawaii fiscal year, July 1st through June 30th of each year.
2) Up to $600 per acre, and up to $9000 per farm, per year.
3) 75% of the cost for purchases made from 7/1/2015 to 6/30/2016. BUY YOUR PESTICIDE BY 6/30/16 for the 75% reimbursement!
4) 50% of the cost for purchases made 7/1/2016 through 6/30/2019, or until the funds are depleted.
You can prepare ahead, and be ready to apply by ensuring you have the following items:
1) A Certificate of Vendor Compliance – go to http://firstname.lastname@example.org, create an account, then register for the certificate, which provides proof of compliance with the IRS, Department of Labor, DCCA, and State tax offices. The video on this website will guide you through the process. There is a $12. annual fee, and it could take two weeks to process your application.
2) Know your TMK number.
3) Complete the IRS form W-9, if you expect reimbursement of $600 or more. The W-9 is available at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
After you apply, you will be asked to bring your original receipts, and a Driver License or Government issued ID to the program office (address is listed below).
The application includes a survey that will provide the legislature information on the impact of the program on CBB control. Survey questions will pertain to farming and CBB, including the number of pesticide applications, spray rate, your end of season CBB infestation levels from mill, etc., and will be conglomerated and shared with the legislature. You will want to have your farm records available.
Please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com with additional questions. My goal is to have the application available online within two weeks, barring any unforeseen problems. I will email the link for the online application as soon as it is available. (ed. note-KCFA will keep you informed, regarding the online application availability)
Hawaii Department of Agriculture, CBB Subsidy Program Coordinator,
82-6130 Mamalahoa Hwy, Room # 4, Captain Cook, HI 96704