Responsibilities and duties of a member of the Board of Directors of the Kona Coffee Farmers Association include:
1) To determine and support the mission and the goals of the Kona Coffee Farmers Association.
2) To discharge all responsibilities as a member of the Board.
3) To ensure that the goals and objectives of the Kona Coffee farmers Association and the law are being followed.
4) To monitor and protect the assets of the Kona Coffee Farmers Association.
5) To be an advocate on behalf of the Kona Coffee Farmers Association to the community.
6) To regularly attend Board of Directors meetings.
7) To actively serve on at least one Committee of the Board of Directors.
8) To contribute candid and meaningful opinions, ideas or suggestions about the Kona Coffee Farmers Association’s activities and programs.
9) To participate in activities that are meaningful to the Kona Coffee Farmers Association’s membership, including community and fundraising events.
10) To provide for the continuity of the Board by seeking potential new members.
11) To be knowledgeable of the activities and programs of the Kona Coffee Farmers Association.
12) To guide the President whose responsibility is to manage the Kona Coffee Farmers Association.
While all Board members are expected to actively participate, it is understood that each Member’s type of involvement may vary.
Board members’ willingness to accept leadership roles on the board and in committees, attendance at board and committee meeting, providing expertise as requested, and the overall contribution that a Board Members brings to the Association will be expected.
*Activities at which members are expected to participate are: Monthly Board Meetings, Annual Meeting, Workshops, Informational meetings and all activities that pertain to the Kona Coffee Farmers Association.